Images are representational. Actual product may vary slightly from this image.
| Part Number: NIAGARAN4TRAINING-June-2
Class takes place at 2493 Estand Way, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523.
This N4 training course prepares you for N4 certification with hands-on instruction and small class sizes. Advance your building automation career with Tridium University's Niagara 4 Training course at Controlco. Refer to these FAQ for class-specific details:
- Q: What if I need to cancel my reservation? Cancellations are accepted with a full refund up to two weeks before the class is scheduled to begin. If you must cancel your registration within two weeks of the class, you will be charged the full amount.
- Q: Is a Workbench License or any additional programs required for students in the class? No, students do not need any Niagara licenses during the class. Controlco supplies demo licenses and laptops for use during the class.
- Q: Do I need to be Niagara 4 certified before I purchase Niagara 4? Yes, certification is required before purchase.
- Q: Do I have to be AX certified before I can take the N4 class? Prior AX certification is only required for the Crossover class. This class is an intensive two-day workshop that skips through the basics because AX certification proves a certain level of understanding of the Framework. Students who wish to become N4 certified can do so without prior AX certification through the five-day Niagara 4 training course. Or, students who have worked with Niagara AX but have never been certified may wish to take the AX test in order to qualify for the Crossover class. You can take the AX certification test up to one day prior to the Crossover class. If you pass, then you can take the Crossover course. Contact Jeff Hunter for details on taking the AX certification test without registering for the class.
- Q: How do I get a copy of my certificate? The exam you take on the final day of class will be graded within two weeks. If you pass the exam, your certificate will be mailed to you.
- Q; What time does class end on Friday? You should consider Friday a full eight-hour day when booking your travel. Friday is test day and while some students do finish early, the pressure of catching a flight is unnecessary.
- Q: Can I just choose one course and be proficient in both Niagara AX and Niagara 4 frameworks? If you are using the Niagara AX framework and need to learn Niagara AX, take the Niagara AX class. If you need to know Niagara 4 framework, take the N4 class. The frameworks are similar, but each have unique aspects that are taught in each class. We recommend taking the class that will help you work on the system you have.
- Q: If I already have an Niagara AX certification, should I be thinking about getting an N4 certification too? We recommend taking the class that will help you work on the system you have. If you are staying with your Niagara AX system, then there is no need to get the N4 certification right now. But if you know you will migrate over to the N4 system in the future, Tridium requires that you obtain N4 certification before purchasing a Niagara 4 license.
- Q: I know a little about how to build simple control logic. Will this training class go beyond the basics? The class spends time on building simple control logic and most students find it to be a welcome refresher, since sometimes the technical details of why we do things in the Niagara 4 system are not always clear on a day-to-day basis. But the class does go beyond the basics – we learn to work with Px graphics, drivers, full system architecture and add-on applications. As a professional working in the building automation industry, a Niagara 4 framework certification is helpful, even if you already know the basics.
- Q: Are there specific hotels in the area you recommend? Are discounts available? There are two hotels in the Pleasant Hill area - Concord Hilton at 1970 Diamond Blvd., Concord CA 94520; and Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek at 2730 North Main St. Walnut Creek CA 94597. Unfortunately, though, we do not offer corporate discounts.
Through this Tridium University Niagara 4 certification training course for HVAC professionals, you will learn how to:
- Link and configure control points
- Build simple PX graphics
- Write control logic
- Driver architecture
- Niagara network components
- Customize the workbench environment
- Work with the kitControl palette for control logic objects
- Create field bus integrations including BACnet
- Collect and analyze histories and alarms
- Build a custom navigation scheme
- Operate security and user administration